It was with a heavy heart that we said farewell to Julianne Robertson, our Chair, in December last year. Julianne’s knowledge of the bus industry and her communications expertise made her an asset to the Transform team, so she will be missed at our Board meetings this year. She wrote her outgoing piece for us in December reflecting on her year as Chair which you can read here. We wish her the very best on her future endeavours at Scottish Water.
What Julianne’s departure does mean is that we are now looking for a new Chair to take over in her place. We expect to begin openly advertising for a new Chair very soon – but if you are interested, or can think of anyone who might be interested in this position, then please do get in contact with our director Colin Howden via our website.
Our ideal candidate will have the following personal qualities, knowledge and experience:
- A strong commitment to sustainable transport.
- Significant leadership experience (for example, experience of chairing a board and/or managing senior staff).
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Great communication skills, with significant experience in public speaking and/or broadcast media work.
- Experience in a relevant or related field (e.g. transport sector, charity sector, public affairs and influencing, media).
We are committed to equality and diversity, and we encourage applications from anyone who meets the above criteria.