Transform Scotland’s Communications Officer, Rachel McFarlane, reports on a selection of our recent and upcoming activities.
A successful Networking Session to start the year.
On Tuesday last week, we held the first in our series of Networking Sessions for 2022. This was a great opportunity for our members and supporters to meet and make connections with others working and/or interested in sustainable transport.
Although the broad theme for this session was ‘take-aways from COP26’, conversations spanned various topics and allowed attendees to:
- Discuss their current campaigning activities
- Ask questions and share knowledge about best-practice campaigning techniques
- Advertise different events in sustainable transport
- Converse about upcoming consultations
- Speak about a range of sustainable transport-related topics
We would be very pleased to see you at our next Networking Session, which will be held on the 12 April from 5–6pm. If you can’t make this date then do not worry as we are planning to run them throughout the year to help connect people from across the sustainable transport sector.
Here is some feedback we received from our session on Tuesday:
Cross-Party Group on Sustainable Transport: progress and upcoming dates
After a successful first Cross-Party Group on Sustainable Transport meeting in November last year, where we established the group and set out its goals and ambitions for Session 6, we are looking forward to the upcoming meeting scheduled for 27 January, where:
- Graham Simpson MSP is set to introduce the meeting
- Heather Cowan Head of Climate Change and Just Transition for Transport, Transport Scotland’ will be reporting on the Scottish Government’s route map to achieve a 20% reduction in car kilometres by 2030
- There will be a Q+A session and an opportunity for discussion.
If you or your organisation are interested in attending future meetings and/or becoming members of the CPG on Sustainable Transport, then you can do so by contacting us here.
The scheduled dates for the following months are:
Annual General Meeting 2022
We are tentatively planning an ‘in-person’ AGM this year on 23 June. Although this will be dependent on any Covid-19 restrictions in place at the time, we would be delighted to see you – either in person or virtually – so make a note in your diary and keep an eye out for further updates regarding these plans.
25th anniversary event
Transform Scotland is turning 25! Join us later in the year to celebrate our quadranscentennial birthday. We’re still to confirm our plans, but we’re hoping to hold an event on the evening of Wednesday 9 or Thursday 10 November, so please put those dates in your calendar now!