This year saw Transform Scotland’s 25th anniversary. To mark the occasion, last month we held a large event in Edinburgh to celebrate and thank all who have played a part in our organisation from the start to present day. A special award was designed and presented to one person in particular however – the legend that is Paul Tetlaw.
Paul Tetlaw has shown dedication, passion and continued contribution to Transform from the time it sowed its very first seed in the sustainable transport sector, until the current day.
Here is a summary of Paul’s contributions to Transform over the past 25 years:
- Paul was involved in the set up of the organisation. The initial meetings were held in 1996-1997.
- Paul was Transform’s second chair, from 2006-10.
- He was also a Board member from the first Board meeting (13/09/97) until 17/09/02, and then from 02/12/03 to 10/10/16. So 18 years service in total on the Board.
- He then moved on to Transform’s Policy Forum, and has been its Convener since then.
- Paul has also been our active ‘rail campaigner‘ and ‘policy advisor’ for over a decade and continues in this role.
Paul is widely recognised amongst the sustainable transport sector for his knowledge and expertise – particularly in the rail sector – whether that be national, freight or community. He also has a sense of humour which he brings to our team meetings – which definitely helps during challenging times of campaigning!
All at Transform Scotland are hugely appreciative of Paul’s continued commitment to the cause – despite the fact he could easily just be putting his feet up and travelling the world by rail in his retirement instead of volunteering his time with us!
Here’s to Paul and the next 25 years!